You will write an MLA paper to address the topic below.
This exam will be graded on a scale of 100.
You will lose ten points if your ID block, page number or spacing is not MLA standard.
You must have 1 inch margins, an ID block in the upper left corner, double spaced with no extra spacing, and a page number which automatically reflects the page number, preceded by your last name in the upper right corner. No exceptions.
Write 500 words, or five paragraphs, or 50 statements about what you have learned this semester.
What is not acceptable:
I learned about Illustrator. (not specific enough)
I learned how to create an MLA paper. (not specific enough, no reason why)
I learned how to create a profesional presentation (not specific enough, no reason why)
I learned how to use PowerPoint to make presentations. (not specific enough, no reason why)
What is acceptable:
I learned how to use a vector drawing application from Adobe called Illustrator. This application is used to create pictures that are defined by mathematical equations, rather than little dots (called pixels). When you make a vector image larger, the quality stays the same, because it isn't dependent on the individual pixels. Illustrator is used by graphic designers and artists to create pictures on the computer. It adapts to many artistic styles, and allows the artist to be as accurate as they wish. By learning about Illustrator, I found out that I really can create art that looks good, even though I am not much of an artist. I thought that the first few lessons were really hard, and wasn't sure that I could understand how to use Illustrator, but eventually, with perseverance, I learned how to read the crazy instructions, and how to do what they were telling me to do. I really felt good about getting through these lessons, and I think I have a good understanding of what some of the tools in Illustrator are, and how to use them. I also found out that I could spend the next year studying Illustrator and still not know it all. I think that I will use many of the tools in Photoshop and Flash next semester, too. I think that a vector drawing application is in many ways superior to pixel drawing because it is more flexible and produces a higher quality image.
Here is a list of verbs you may want to use in your essay:
- Knowledge: arrange, define, duplicate, label, list, memorize, name, order, recognize, relate, recall, repeat, reproduce state.
- Comprehension: classify, describe, discuss, explain, express, identify, indicate, locate, recognize, report, restate, review, select, translate,
- Application: apply, choose, demonstrate, dramatize, employ, illustrate, interpret, operate, practice, schedule, sketch, solve, use, write.
- Analysis: analyze, appraise, calculate, categorize, compare, contrast, criticize, differentiate, discriminate, distinguish, examine, experiment, question, test.
- Synthesis: arrange, assemble, collect, compose, construct, create, design, develop, formulate, manage, organize, plan, prepare, propose, set up, write.
- Evaluation: appraise, argue, assess, attach, choose compare, defend estimate, judge, predict, rate, core, select, support, value, evaluate.
Include information from my informational blog posts in your essay, and be sure that you explain CMYK and RGB (required).
Your essay must be submitted, only once, by email as an attachment on or before the end of your scheduled final exam time.
You MUST attend your final exam time, or you will be counted absent.
Note: If I search for the text of your final on the internet, and find significant portions of text, you will receive a ZERO.